It’s been a big two weeks in the sports world – from scrappy underdogs Duke and UConn winning the Final Four, to the beginning of a new baseball season, to the final jockeying for playoff spots in the NHL, to Australia’s seven wicket victory over New Zealand in the Cricket World Cup. We here at The Other Half have been absolutely immersed. Is there any better time of the year for a sports fan? We don’t think so.
With so much going on, it’s no surprise there’s been a lot of excellent reads on TOH the past two weeks:
- Our anonymous hockey newbie, the Hockey Debutante, took us through a few more stages in her journey.
- Lacy K. Fuller gave us some help with choosing a gym and getting over your gym anxiety in Tips for an Active Lifestyle.
- #TME Sasha Davis rounded up some of the news you may have missed from all around The Neighborhood.
- The Grid Girls podcast, brilliant and funny brainchild of guest contributors Sasky Stewart and Sarah Connors, is now available through The Other Half!
- Sarah D looked at the beautiful hope of baseball’s Opening Day for a fan of a not-so-great team.
- Casey Lucas made us all reach for our tinfoil hats with her new column, Conspiracy Corner, this time taking a hilarious look at the epic Punch Up in Piestany.
If you’re spending Sunday morning watching Manchester United take on Manchester City and trying not to cheer for either team, or mainlining the leaked Game of Thrones episodes, take a moment at a stopping point to read and listen back through what you missed. Like I said, it’s been a busy two weeks. And once you’re done, make sure to sign up for our Stanley Cup Playoff Bracket Challenge – our writers and editors are taking each other on, and we want you to join us.
Thanks for another great couple weeks, readers! As always – if you have something to say, the comments are open, or you can tweet us @OtherHalfSports. And if you’re interested in writing for us, or have a story you think needs to be told, send us an email to email@example.com.